Types of Trampolines with Enclosures

Until I started looking for a new trampoline that my boys could grow into, I honestly had no idea that there were so many different types of trampolines. I have explained each of them in a bit of detail below, which should help you choose the right style and size for your backyard.

Round Trampoline with Net

Probably the most popular backyard trampolines with nets are the 12ft or 14ft round trampoline. They have the best value trampolines but also very high quality and expensive trampolines. They come in 8ft, 10ft, 12ft, 14ft, 15ft as well as smaller and larger sizes. If you are looking at a typical trampoline, this will probably be the first one you come across in your search. They are the most common trampolines in backyards today. The ones that I have reviewed below are all large trampolines with nets, but I if you are looking for something that is 8ft or less, check out my small trampolines page.

Oval Trampolines

In the photo just above this section, you can see an example of an oval trampoline with 10 kids on it! Most of those kids are about 6-7 years old and my kids are included in that bunch! An oval trampoline is an excellent option if you have lots of backyard space! The one above, is 17′ at its largest diameter! It is one of my kid’s favorites to use! They love all of the space that the oval trampoline offers!

Rectangular Trampoline with Enclosure

Rectangular Trampolines come in various sizes and are great for narrow yards. They take up less space than a round model. A rectangular trampoline is often known or referred to as a best bounce trampoline and they are often used for gymnasts. The backyard variety however, is perfect for children. If you have ever watched trampoline or been to a trampoline class, they use competition style rectangle trampolines. While getting one of these for your budding gymnast is no where near the same as the ones used in the gym, it can possibly help them get comfortable with the square style. But in my case, I was buying a trampoline for some fun for my kids, while I did not go with this one in the end, it was only because it did not suit my backyard needs. If you have space constraints, this is probably the best outdoor trampoline for you.

Read more from TrampolinePaul
Contact me at About.me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Trampoline for Kids and Baby

Two Benefits when Using Trampoline for Kids

Nikon Z 6