Buying Best Canon Lens for Newborn Photography




The nifty fifty is great for newborn photography without a doubt – but as I tend to include family portraits it did mean that, to avoid standing with my back pressed up against the wall, I either had to have another body with a wider lens on in the studio, or switch lenses during a shoot.  I also had to climb a stepladder for those cute ‘looking down on baby’ shots.

Much as I love my nifty fifty I did question one day, whilst balanced on my step stool in a very warm room trying to get my little model and all the lovely swooshy fabrics that I had painstakingly arranged into shot, whether there was a better option.

Later on as I rummaged through my camera bag I realised of course there was.  I dug out my 24 – 70 2.8.  Fabulous lens, but one that had not seen much use since I gave up weddings a couple of years back. I used it in my next newborn shoot and haven’t look back since.  I don’t know why this didn’t occur to me much earlier – stupid me!  Of course I can still photograph at 50mm, but I can now also easily fit the whole family in.  In addition, I no longer have to climb on my step stool to get those ‘looking down on baby’ shots so a lot safer from that perspective too – I’m really steady on my feet but one less risk is all good!  By the way – if you are photographing from this position, i.e. leaning over baby, please always remember to have your camera strap around your neck!

Read more from Trampolinepaul
Contact me at About.me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Trampoline for Kids and Baby

Two Benefits when Using Trampoline for Kids

Nikon Z 6