What Lens for Newborn Photography


I often get asked what equipment I use in the studio in particular, what lenses would I recommend be used to photograph newborns.

First of all, I’m a Nikon gal.  If you’re interested in photography yourself, you’re probably well aware of the great Nikon v Canon debate. I’ll be perfectly honest with you, I personally don’t think there’s much in it.

Every camera has its plus and minus points – sometimes the bods at Canon will bring out a new body that just pips the Nikon, sometimes its the other way around.

I, like many photographers I know, have stuck with one particular brand because its what I started out with.  Once you’ve built a photography business using a particular make and you’ve got a few bodies plus several lenses, its really quite expensive to think about switching to another system – although I am aware of photographers who have ‘jumped ship’ mid career one way or another for their own reasons.

Back to the subject of the blog.  What lenses would I advise be used for newborn work? First and foremost, you need to think about how you work, your particular work space, what your style is and what look you’re after in your photos. Then you can choose the lens that will best help you achieve that.

Read more from Trampolinepaul
Contact me at About.me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Trampoline for Kids and Baby

Two Benefits when Using Trampoline for Kids

Nikon Z 6